Orctober

New edition of Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game is an awesome game. I have now played two games against my friend's elves. Both games were full of cinematic moments. I also painted up some Morannon orcs from the new starter set for the latter match.

First game was dominion, with my Harad:

Harad archery backed up with Betrayer's poison was fatal. I killed about 6 elves, before they hit my ranks. They killed much more, but it was still enough to tip the balance for me



The twins and remaining elves slaughtered a lot of Haradrim.


But eventually my core held the elves enough that I managed to capture three out of five objectives.

In the second game, I played with Mordor and the scenario was the Rugby scenario where there is an objective in the center of field taht you have to capture and carry on the other side of the table. Not a good match against elves as I didn't have any shooting. I had a troll though...


I put my faith in ranks of orcs.


Backed up by a Ringwraith and a Black Numenorean Marshall.

I sent part of my force to flank the elves, as no one else fit on the bridge besides the troll, as I was not going to swim with my heavy armored orcs...


Troll with some back-up.

Arwen's Wrath of Bruinen gave serious troubles and the troll took two wounds while prone. He rose up and threw some elves around (two to the river, where they drowned), but finally Elladan killed him.

Flankers were on the move, but finally the troll fell down and my orcs were no match for the elves. To add insult to the injury, my Ringwraith was killed by a lucky arrow, after which all of my remaining orcs ran away. 

And here's a team shot without the Marshall.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking silence

Reinforcements for the Shadow Elves

Four way Erehwon