Year 2018 sum up

As many know, today is the first day of the year 2019, which means that it's good time to dwell in past and sum up what happened in 2018.

Last year was the most productive year I have ever had painting wise. On the other hand I didn't read many books or watched movies, so it's out from something. However painting an hour or two every other evening after my son has went to sleep really keeps the production up. Also have been listening a lot of podcasts, audiobooks and audio dramas, which are nice. I used to watch tv series while painting, but never knew what was happening as  I mostly listened them, so this is certainly a better way. It's amazing how well you can concentrate on listening things while you work with your hands.

Gaming wise it was a quite normal year. Could have played more, but in the end I got something like 30-40 games, which is not too bad considering a small child and a job that requires bit too much traveling for my taste. We had a two part campaign running for the most of the year which involved around the modern day Russia in early middle ages. First part was Saga Age of Wolf campaign that I ran and second part was bigger battles as a map campaign with modified Mighty empires rules. I also participated few small tournaments of Age of Sigmar and ran a very small tournament of Saga. In the end I played eight different games in ascending order of games: WH40k, Lion Rampart, Hail Caesar, Infinity, Swordpoint, Middle Earth SBG, WHAoS and Saga, which was the game I played the most by good margin. The second edition is great.

Ok, then to painting. I took everything out that I had available on the table before christmas and took some photos while it was sunny(ish). Sadly my gaming board that I made this year is currently at our club, as it would have been a perfect backdrop. In the end I had painted about 450 models, of which about 150 are 15mm and there was closer to hundred mounted models of the 28mm models. Mostly fantasy and historical models with just a small band of Infinity haqqislam. Seems that the Blade runner 2097, Altered Carbon and Amazon's Electric dreams didn't have such a big impact I though it would have. I still need to catch up with the Expanse though and I have a plenty of sci-fi stuff on my shelf. It would be fun to have more Infinity and Antares action, but doesn't look like that as we have a Lotr SBG campaign coming up, as well as Saga Age of Magic and general interest on the War of the Roses at our club.

Then finally, some pics:



Middle Earth stuff. On the front some Dwarves and at back Orcs and Corsairs.

My AoS Freefolk and Saga Irish. Large band of warriors of the Crescent behind.

Painted a large force of muslims for a big Hail Caesar Crusade game in the spring and then used it in the campaigns.

These undead I have painted in between of other stuff for refreshment very quickly. Haven't used them much. My friend played AoS with them against my Freefolk and they have seen some Saga action.

These are the newest bunch, which is about to hit tables soon enough for some By Fire and Sword action when a mate comes back from holidays. Still need to do few more reiters and some cannons.

The aforementioned Haqqmuslim and some Don Cossacks that are also about to make battlefield debut the next time I'll go back to visit my home town. 

In the center, some painting competition work I made to Ropecon at summer (without placing). Lovely models from Redbox games that will likely join with my future elven Age of Magic army if they don't look too tiny with the Oathmark elves.

Some Seljuq cavalry.

And some Arab/Turkish cavalry.

And a better shot of the Irish.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking silence

Four way Erehwon

Reinforcements for the Shadow Elves