New Fantasy models

I recently painted some models for GW's The Fang painting competition in the beginning of February. I have planned on doing an elven army to use in any of the various skirmish systems (Saga, Dragon Rampant, AoS and the new Erewhon game from Warlord games that I just pre-ordered). For that I have collected various older elves from GW and my intention is to use the nice Oathmark elf kit for the majority of the force. For these elves however it was strictly GW parts as I was about to take them to the Warhammer store. The problem was that I've got allergic to the massive weapons that the WH models carry due painting historical stuff and infinity models for past few years. Luckily the old elven spearmen kit has quite small swords and I also had a spare Orcrist from a plastic Gandalf on my desk. One of the models got a dagger from a dark eldar warrior, but I'm not sure about the results as it is huge for a dagger and very impractical for a sword, but I guess it works as some sort of elven weapon carried through ages.

The background for the elves is that they are the remnants of an old Elven empire, that has collapsed and the remnants have been driven out from their land. They keep their old traditions and live in their own communities along other cultures and races waiting for the day that their old god kings return and take them back to their old glory. So bit like Jewish elves.

I painted them with very washed out colours to represent the downfall. I also have intent on doing a bunch of old relics for them that they carry along with brighter gold and shiny jewels.

The plan is to make them suitable for all sorts of games. At least skirmishes such as Dragon Rampant, Saga Age of Magic, Warlords of Erehwon, with conversion movement trays for porting them to mass battle games as well.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking silence

Reinforcements for the Shadow Elves

Four way Erehwon