Some gaming in the Middle Earth

The new edition of the MIddle Earth Strategy Battle Game is a great game. Especially as I started the game about year ago, the new interest on it is great. We had a 12 player tournament at our club yeasterday which was quite a feat in the local scene, as the 40k tournaments tend to not get much more players nowadays in Finland. I had other stuff to do for most of the day, so I only got to play the last battle, but I played a game with a friend who also couldn't make it during the week. The earlier game I won against Isenguard with my combined arms of Mordor and Harad, but in the tournament I faced (again) the Elves I have faced a few times already in recent history and got beaten again. Still, both games were awesome and just added fuel to the Lord of the Rings heat I have.


Nice boards, including one of mine.


My friend Janne had got his elves in bit less red shape during the night before the tournament, and also had made an awesome Moria board out of an Ikea Lack table. The scenario had 6 objectives on the table, of which one was the right relic and the forces came tot he table from random edges.

I got my both warbands on the table from the same edge while the elves were split in two.

Combined forces in the service of Sauron.

Playing going on.

In combat, an elf runs away with the prize while the Betrayer tries to Compel him to come closer. Elves won almost all of the combats in the game.



Elven archers move in from the flank.


An aerial photo showing my very favourable situation, which I somehow still managed to lose. I had almost my whoel force against 6 elves for two turns, the Elrond came and sweeped everyone from their feet.

Agains Isengard we played Storm the Camp.

Big melee erupted next to central hill. My poisoned archery and two waves of orcs took the vicotry. 




Not shown here, but the highlight of the game was when The Betrayer killed Saruman.





Comments

  1. Tinanium Art | TINNA Art | TINNA Art
    TINNA ART. TINNA ART is one mens titanium rings of price of titanium the rarest titanium white octane blueprint artworks found in the world. TINNA, TINNA blue titanium cerakote Artworks, 2017 ford fusion hybrid titanium TINNA Artworks, TINNA Artworks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking silence

Reinforcements for the Shadow Elves

Four way Erehwon