The Eternal Battle of Life and Death

Hi,
had an unfortunate break to the start of my new blog as I was travelling for two weeks. First for work in Northern Finland and then for leisure in Rome and Tuscany. Quite a world's apart experience, and not just for the 30 degrees difference in the temperature. Which also is the theme of this post.

I'm one of those (few?) longer time Warhammer players that had lost the interest to the game almost completely and then got it renewed with AoS, as it turned out to be actually quite a good wargame. After playing with my old Lizardmen, I retrofitted my old 40k Daemons to a complete Slaanesh army, which was also perfect reason to paint up some of my all time favourite GW models, back from the Hordes of Chaos release in 6th edition. Espcially Archaon and the knights. This is however not about them, but the fantasy projects that followed the Chaos army. Actually, of all the possibilities, the Chaos army also led me to finally start playing Lord of the Rings SBG, as I got some Harad models for Slaanesh Cultists, played with Skaven rules, and they quickly evolved to a full army. But again, this post is not about that either. I'll tell you about my MESBG heat later (I'm really excited on the new edition).

This introduction is about my two counterpart forces that I initially built for Age of Sigmar, but which have been themed more to the generic fantasy gaming along the way, with my increased interest for them and also with the Age of Sigmar going along the classic Warhammer route, with add-ons on top of add-ons, turning the less supported forces to have an uphill battle against the more recent forces. It's still a fun game, but requires bit more "army list curating" than it used to when there were only the Grand alliance books. Well enough of that, I was here to talk about armies.

The forces in question are themed around "Life" and "Death". The life side is mostly feudal humans with sprinkle of fantasy elements, supported by Treefolk, Dwarfs and Elves in traditional Last alliance style. The Death side are traditional Undead that I have collected along the years. Both forces are mixture of various manufacturers and ranges, with focus on models having "realistic" proportions. Of course with some more classic GW stuff, I have bended this a bit, but the forces look reasonably nice together. I have also made a gaming table for the forces. In this first post I'll show the table with he forces as it was in last summer's Ropecon gaming expo, where I held demonstration games with Saga rules. I'll focus on the forces later, but here are some overall photos about the project:




General views of the table from four sides.

Archers taking shots against closing skeletons from the cover of woods.

Knights charging through the central square, supported by the crossbowmen.

The undead force risen from the graves.

General trying to rescue the Miller's daughter.

Supporting knights accompanying the general.


The Vampire rising from the Crypt.

Some corpses had washed down from the sea as well.

The hunters protecting the watermill.

The guard assembles.

The miller's daughter is in distress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking silence

Reinforcements for the Shadow Elves

Four way Erehwon